- 1½ cups cooked great northern beans or 1 (15-ounce) can, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos (or tamari or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro, if preferred
- 1 tablespoon diced canned green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt
- Freshly gound black pepper
- 2 lavash wraps or large wheat tortillas
- 1 to 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
1. Sauté the beans in a large frying pan over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until warm. Add the liquid aminos and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has cooked away. Add the vinegar and cook, stirring once or twice, until the liquid has cooked away. Remove from the heat and mash the beans with a fork.
2. Scoop the avocado flesh into a large bowl and mash until there are no chunks. Add the mashed beans, lime juice, parsley, green chiles, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder. Mix until combined. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spread half of the avocado mixture onto one wrap or tortilla. Add a row of tomato slices across the shorter dimension of the wrap, an inch or so from one edge, a row of spinach next to it, another row of tomatoes, and another row of spinach. Roll the wrap over the first row of tomatoes, and continue until it is completely rolled up. Chop into 3 to 4 sections.
4. Repeat with the second wrap and remaining ingredients and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.