I love this crispy baked falafel recipe. I eat them as an appetizer or in a pita with Green Sauce. My plating doesn’t do them justice, more about how good they are – delicious!
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients (chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, arrowroot, coriander, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste) in a food processor and process, leaving a little texture to the beans.
3. Shape the mixture into balls, using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon. Place them on the baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes.
4. Turn the falafel balls over, and bake for 20 minutes more.